Can't add a third adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-28 19:20:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two tp-link adapters Model tl-pa251 ver 1.2. Linking the router to the Humax box for the tv. Works fine. The pc and laptop use the wifi and it is a bit slow. I have a third adapter
,also model tp-pa251 but version 3.0. I want to use this for the pc. I try to pair this adapter to one of the others by pressing the pair button on one of them for a second and then pressing the pair button on the third. Nothing happens.
The third adapter refuses to join the network. Is it because it is a different version, or is there anything else I can do?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't add a third adapter
2017-03-02 18:20:42
If you can't make the button method work, you can also use the PC utility to add your new adapter. You need to type in the adapter ID code printed on its backside.
Options
2017-03-03 00:11:12
Thanks Peter. On the backside there is a MAC address and a password. Which is the ID code?
Options
2017-03-03 16:43:23
Not the MAC address obviously. The ID code pattern is ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP
Options
2017-03-03 19:32:57
Thanks Peter. Got it. It is called password on mine.
Options
2017-03-04 18:58:07
Not going well. Tried one last time at pairing. No success. Tried the PC utility on the mini cd provided, with the adapter plugged in to the ethernet port on the pc. the program started to install but hung up half way through. Removed the software and tried again. Same result.
Gave up and then found I had no wi-fi connection. The pc kept saying an ethernet cable was disconnected and offered no other available connection. Only managed to get my wifi back using system restore.
Perhaps I should give up. wifi is pretty good but obviously not as fast as ethernet.
Options