Speed problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speed problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Speed problem
Speed problem
2017-03-20 02:56:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just installed my new TP-LINK WPA8630 in my new apartment and I have a speed problem. I am at 38/38 MB / s on speedtest while in wifi on my laptop I type in the 400/400 MB / s.I'm in fiber optics.I have a modem connected to the fiber and an RJ45 cable that starts from the modem directly to the wall outlet of the TP-LINK TL-WPA8630P KIT.Then I have the other TP-LINK in the room with an RJ45 that plugs into my PC.Other information, when I access my modem and I perform a test of speed with the soft of the modem I reach the 900/900 MB / s.I have updated the firmware of the CPL but nothing changes and I updated my network driver on my PC.An idea of ​​the problem ?

(sry for my english I speak french i'm from switzerland)
I just installed my new CPL in my new apartment and I have a speed problem. I am at 38/38 MB / s on speedtest while in wifi on my laptop I type in the 400/400 MB / s.I'm in fiber optics.I have a modem connected to the fiber and an RJ45 cable that starts from the modem directly to the wall outlet of the TP-LINK TL-WPA8630P KIT.Then I have the other TP-LINK in the room with an RJ45 that plugs into my PC.Other information, when I access my modem and I perform a test of speed with the soft of the modem I reach the 900/900 MB / s.I have updated the firmware of the CPL but nothing changes and I updated my network driver on my PC.An idea of ​​the problem ?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Speed problem
2017-03-24 15:20:56
What speed that tpPLC utility shows? You can download tpPLC utility in the website and it will show you the physical speed. If your physical speed is 100Mbps, the best speed you can get is around 40Mbps. I got it from TP-LINK supporter.
Options
Re:Speed problem
2017-03-24 17:45:30
Depending on the notebook's own WiFi capabilities, 38 MBytes/s may actually be as much as you get. What is the WiFi technology in the notebook, how many antennas does it have, did you make sure the WiFi card is set to Performance not Powersaving?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 2

Related Articles