TP-WPA8730KIT No IPv6/multicast problem. Is this all powerline products? Does TP-link test IPv6 on this range at all?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-WPA8730KIT No IPv6/multicast problem. Is this all powerline products? Does TP-link test IPv6 on this range at all?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-24 07:42:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've noticed that when I connect through my 8730, I do not receive an IPv6 address on the range advertised by my router.

This is particularly annoying on my laptops since I work with many ipv6 systems. However it is completely useless since this problem causes ALL my nexus android devices/tablets to immediately disconnect from the wifi.

If I disable ipv6 on my router, the android devices stay connected.

A quick browse around here seems to suggest this is a fault that is affecting numerous tp-link powerline adapters. IPv6 is no longer niche, this needs to get some technical attention.

Has anyone with a TP-link powerline adapter got IPv6 working reliably? More importantly, if it once did not work, did they provide a firmware fix? I've seen that the 8730 hasn't had an update in 8 months so I'm guessing this problem is never going to be fixed and is caused by a poor design choice? Dunno, but its pretty terrible to screw up support ipv6 in this day and age! (the device isn't even a router, it's just an AP)
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-WPA8730KIT No IPv6/multicast problem. Is this all powerline products? Does TP-link test IPv6 on this range at all?
2017-03-24 15:13:14
Hi, I had the same problem and it is fixed by TP-LINK supporter,but my device is 8630. Maybe 8730 has the same bug. You can report this to TP-LINK support team and let them fix it.
Options
Re:TP-WPA8730KIT No IPv6/multicast problem. Is this all powerline products? Does TP-link test IPv6 on this range at all?
2017-03-25 19:05:34

ray-mond wrote

Hi, I had the same problem and it is fixed by TP-LINK supporter,but my device is 8630. Maybe 8730 has the same bug. You can report this to TP-LINK support team and let them fix it.

How did you solve the problem? I have the same problem on the 8630.
Options
2017-03-25 19:20:39
Oh, I think I figured it out. I just tried and installed a beta firmware from this site.
I chose the "TL-WPA8630v1_170314.EU.beta.Entertain.zip" file because I have the "v1" hardware version (be careful!).
Then I went through the firmware upgrade process on the web administration panel, and now IPv6 works :)

Obviously I can't guarantee anything about this process, so if you decide to do this, this is at your risk!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1552

Replies: 3

Related Articles