Clone issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Clone issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Clone issues
Clone issues
2017-04-18 22:22:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to set up an AV500 wifi power line extender with SSId/pw clone feature. The power line capability seems to work fine across different sockets in my home. The "build a new wifi network" also works well - I can connect to the "tp..." SSID fine and connect to the internet via the power line network. What doesn't work however is the clone feature. I cannot get my AV500 to clone my existing Ssid and password. The wifi light flashes fast after I followed the clone instructions, but all it does is "build a new wifi network" where on my devices I still have to enter the TP link ssid and password. I have tried resetting my AV500 wifi power line extender and also my router. I have changed the default router password as also instructed on the Tp link website. I have tried "forgetting my network" on my devices. But none of these steps seems to make any difference. When I take the av500 to the remote power socket it always displays on my devices with the TPlink Ssid, not my BT homehub ssid. I always attempted the cloning with the devices very near each other.I was confused that I haven't seen the "slow LED flash" on the wifi button on the av500. When on, it always flashes quickly for me. Many thanks for your help on the above. James.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 0

Related Articles