RE580D Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE580D Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE580D Range Extender
RE580D Range Extender
2017-04-22 12:21:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Purchased a RE580D exactly 7 days ago to extend my Archer D9 5Ghz Wifi. The extender unit worked like a charm for 2 days before dropping the 5Ghz Host connection. So rebooted the unit, however still would not connect as 5 Ghz host. Did full Factory reset, still would not connect as 5 Ghz host. So tried update of firmware to see if the fixed the situation, but no go. Found that unit would only Host on 2.4Ghz network. So returned it to store of purchase who replaced it with another RE580D brand new unit. Ok so setup this up as Host on 5Ghz and all worked well for 4 days then the exact same issue has occurred, dropped the capability to Host on 5Ghz band and this unit also dropped the ability to TX on 5 Ghz as well, unit will only Host and TX 2.4Ghz. There appears to be some serious flaws in the design of these units in which the 5 Ghz part fails and cannot be recovered via factory reset. Very very disappointed with this product and not wasting more money or time explaining the store where I purchased as they seem treat issue as customer's fault. :(

Will go buy another brand to the job.
Options
2 Reply
Re:RE580D Range Extender
2017-04-22 15:43:37
Mine did the same thing. I am stuck using it at 2.4 Ghz which isn't satisfactory as the band is extremely congested with strong signals everywhere. Mine went about one to two days before it zombied itself at 5 Ghz. And that was that. I did get it going again but again it only lasts a certain amount of time before it stops working and all panel lights are off except for power.
Options
Re:RE580D Range Extender
2017-04-22 17:01:42
So far, this seems to align well with my experience of the RE450 extender. But rather than simply throwing my unit in the closet and going out to find another brand I hope to communicate to TP-Link that they have some nice products with potential but that they NEED to take their customer complaints more serious and start treating the issues a k a posting bug fixes in the form of new BIOS updates.

I do however share what I think is also your concern, that the actual hardware in these units may be flawed. If that is the case then I have to say I am surprised that I am not seeing more complaints on these forums.
Options