AV500 Wi-Fi Powerline Extender Starter Kit TL-WPA4220KIT Can't pair after update firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AV500 Wi-Fi Powerline Extender Starter Kit TL-WPA4220KIT Can't pair after update firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-28 16:42:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear Support

I purchased AV500 Wi-Fi Powerline Extender Starter Kit TL-WPA4220KIT 02 days ago. first initial setup was success and have no problem,
After I read the information on firmware update section -> website http://www.tp-link.co.id/download/TL-WPA4220KIT_V1.html#Firmware
It stated a firmware for upgrade the powerline transfer speed from 500 Mbps to 600 Mbps,

Without any hesitation, I proceed to upgrade my WPA 4220, with firmware TL-WPA4220(US)_V1_160421
HOWEVER after upgrade the WPA4220 was disappear from TpPLC, THEN I try perform factory reset after that WPA4220 won't pair with PA4010.

The next morning I call local TP Link Support Center but they didn't provide any solution, in other word they can't fix it..... and I have to give up this unit.
I'm very DISAPPOINTED.:(

I'm hoping this forum could help my case

Thanks,
Options
1 Reply
Re:AV500 Wi-Fi Powerline Extender Starter Kit TL-WPA4220KIT Can't pair after update firmware
2017-04-30 20:16:30
There is an easy method to pair the sender with the receiving device - have you tried that? If you have been mucking about with configuration up to now, you may need to reset the devices.
Go to TP-Link Support and download the couple of manuals (PDF), if you don't have the paper copy or the small CD with utilities and the manuals.
The more complicated method follows (see manual for some instructions - a bit cryptic and not clear unless you know what it means).
Using TpPLC utility -
If you look on the back of each of the units - sender and each extender - note the password like RYHE-XXXX- (etc) for each. You should be able to connect via a Ethernet cable to one of them, and one by one ADD a device and set the passwords, and if successful they will appear on the graphical display. If you have only the 2 devices this is quick and easy.
Options