Unstable connection with TL-WR840N router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-06 07:51:42
Model : TL-WR840N

Hardware Version : V 2.0

Firmware Version : WR840N v2

ISP : NET

So hey guys.
Sorry if I use the wrong words, I live in Brazil so some terms might be a little different and my english also isn't the best.

Basically, whenever I use my TL-WR840N router, my connection becomes unstable through cable and Wi-Fi as well.

If I plug my modem directly to my PC through the cable, it works perfectly - no issues at all.

But as soon as I try to use my TL-WR840N my connection fails like every 10~30 seconds. It doesn't disconnect, but there's a quick "lag spike" that makes my connection completely useless.

TP-Link support didn't answer my Ticket so here I am asking for help.

I know that my modem is doesn't support Wi-Fi and it does not need any kind of login and password to connect, just plug and play.
I tried to configure my TL-WR840N with the most basic and simple setup ever. Everything is set to Dynamic (IP, DNS, etc).

Sorry for my english mistakes, I hope you can understand my text (and help me to fix that thing haha).
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unstable connection with TL-WR840N router
2017-05-06 15:01:24
Can you show me screen shot from ipconfig when you have internet connection by modem only?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f138/how-to-run-an-ipconfig-all-command-655357.html
Options
2017-05-07 06:44:51

Johnsontp wrote

Hardware version and firmware version.

I updated the router with its latest firmware and I believe I've chosen the right version.
My router is V2 and the firmware is V2 as well.

Jimasek, here's the screenshot.

or http://i.imgur.com/EsedYEp.png

Sorry for the late reply.
Options
2017-05-09 20:03:12
I guess I found what was wrong.

Suddenly I thought "what if one of my cables is f*cked up?"

Then I checked the cable I used to connect my modem and the router, and then I looked at the cable that connected my PC.
They were different. Both were RJ45 but that one I used with my modem and router had less/different wires?!

you know... those collored small wires at the end of the plug.

It was almost 01AM and then I had to sleep. zzzzz

When I get home I'll update this post and tell if they were really different.
Maybe I'll post a pic of them here so we can find if that was the real problem.

Thank you.
Options
2017-05-10 08:37:01

Johnsontp wrote

Firmware updated!

How should I optmize that IPv6 function?!

Thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3785

Replies: 4

Related Articles