Unstable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unstable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unstable connection
Unstable connection
2020-01-03 14:05:22 - last edited 2020-01-07 01:44:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi all,

I have installed 2 deco M5's and my wifi perfomance went through the roof with them!

Although I still have a weird problem, at some time I loose connection (deco m5 firmware 1.3.1, no updates available)

They are connected through a wired star connection (ISP router (bridge mode) -> main deco router mode (with dynamic ipv4) -> tp link unmanaged switch -> secundary deco

Mostly the problem starts with windows devices, on boot they do not connect to internet, they do get an dhcp adress but are not able to ping the gateway or any internet adres.

After about 3 minutes they connect succesfully. Randomly after that they drop connection for about a minute and reconnect. the random connection drop also happened to mobile devices.

Anybody knows a fix for this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unstable connection-Solution
2020-01-06 18:47:39 - last edited 2020-01-07 01:44:02
Hi Kevin_Z Thanks for the reply! When I went to take note of the switches I found that I had another switch in after the last deco. This was a tp-link smart switch (managed and had the default IP) which was the same as the deco main router... (before the deco mesh I had another IP range so never noticed this switch) So I guess it's a ip conflict. thanks again for the support and please forget my mistake!
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unstable connection
2020-01-06 06:13:42

@Cyvan 

Hello, what is the model number of the TP-Link unmanaged switch? 

What is the led status of the Deco units when clients lost connection? If they still connected to the wifi but no internet access, please click here to get the IP address and gateway; and try to ping the gateway of Deco, which is 192.168.68.1 by default. 

Note: Please tell us the IP/gateway obtained and the ping result. 

When client lost connection, plesae connect your computer to the main Deco and ISP router directly to test whether you can get internet from them separately. 

Besides, you can swap the location or change the slave Deco as main Deco to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Unstable connection-Solution
2020-01-06 18:47:39 - last edited 2020-01-07 01:44:02
Hi Kevin_Z Thanks for the reply! When I went to take note of the switches I found that I had another switch in after the last deco. This was a tp-link smart switch (managed and had the default IP) which was the same as the deco main router... (before the deco mesh I had another IP range so never noticed this switch) So I guess it's a ip conflict. thanks again for the support and please forget my mistake!
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unstable connection
2020-01-07 01:43:58

@Cyvan 

Thanks for your valued reply. It seems that it is the IP conflict which causes the unstable connection.

You can modify the IP address of the smart switch to give it a go. 

Any updates, be free to let us know.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1494

Replies: 3

Related Articles