Can't add further TL-PA8010P UK devices to existing network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-07 18:31:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a long-working network consisting of two TL-PA8010P devices. I wanted to extend network access to another room, so purchased two more of these devices.

When I first bought them, I had some trouble getting them to join the existing network. However, with some fiddling around I managed to do this, and the third device has been working fine for a couple of months.

However, this morning it has disconnected from the network, and no matter what I do, I cannot get it to join again. If I use the 'pair' button on an existing device and then the new device, the power LED flashes once a second for a minute or so then just goes off. If I use the 'Add device' option in the software, it reports 'Unable to add the device', and all the LEDs on the device flash on for a second or two, before returning to the single power LED.

The new device labels say they have V1.0 hardware. I can't tell the firmware version at the moment, but the existing devices report firmware version 2.0.0.375-03_801111_150710_010.

Can you offer any advice?

Thanks

Andy
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't add further TL-PA8010P UK devices to existing network
2017-05-08 14:34:18
2.0.0 is ancient. Do update them - use the tool software that came in the box, and download the latest firmware image from the TP-Link website.
Options
Re:Can't add further TL-PA8010P UK devices to existing network
2017-05-08 16:19:25
Hi,

The only firmware I can find listed for these devices is TL-PA8010P(UK)_V1_160406. There is no firmware listed on the page for V2 devices.

Can you tell me where I would find the updated firmware?

Thanks

Andy
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 2