guest bandwidth limitation in archer c9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-31 00:45:15 - last edited 2021-03-03 11:08:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

i have an archer c9 v 1.0 i want to control the bandwidth of my guest users
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:guest bandwidth limitation in archer c9-Solution
2021-03-03 11:08:45 - last edited 2021-03-03 11:08:50

@Ch1no 

The Archer C9 doesn't support the bandwidth control, it only supports QoS. You may refer to the below instructions to configure it and see if it helps:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2797/

If QoS doesn't meet the requirement, can you please verify how would you like to limit or distribute the bandwidth for the devices?

Meanwhile, we have feedback to the related department, and the bandwidth control feature will be available on the wireless routers in the future firmware update, but we cannot provide you an ETA, we cannot know which model will have it at the moment.

You are suggested to pay attention to the official website, or the new firmware notifications on your router web GUI for any new firmware updates.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:guest bandwidth limitation in archer c9
2017-07-12 01:41:55
Hi,

I want to do the same. With the original firmware was possible, but with the last one is not possible to do that. So, if we update our router to the latest firmware, how we can do that? And...and...will be great if we can control the connection time.

Please, your comments. Thanks in advance.
Options
2017-07-13 10:34:17
it seems that TP-Link removed bandwidth control for guest network in the latest firmware.
we can still contact TP-link Support and tell them we need that function so they will reconsider it.
Options
2020-07-26 09:26:23

@gocoolc7 not only the bandwidth, acces time etc...see the pic 

Options
2021-03-03 07:35:15
Bring back bandwidth control!!! Soon!!!!
Options
Re:guest bandwidth limitation in archer c9-Solution
2021-03-03 11:08:45 - last edited 2021-03-03 11:08:50

@Ch1no 

The Archer C9 doesn't support the bandwidth control, it only supports QoS. You may refer to the below instructions to configure it and see if it helps:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2797/

If QoS doesn't meet the requirement, can you please verify how would you like to limit or distribute the bandwidth for the devices?

Meanwhile, we have feedback to the related department, and the bandwidth control feature will be available on the wireless routers in the future firmware update, but we cannot provide you an ETA, we cannot know which model will have it at the moment.

You are suggested to pay attention to the official website, or the new firmware notifications on your router web GUI for any new firmware updates.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-03 14:12:53

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, please bring it back. I just updated my router only to find out this feature is gone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1926

Replies: 6