Archer vr600 Slow download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-02 03:46:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I have the Archer VR600 and my internet connection is 100Mbps it was always good but today i changed my router to the VR600 and now i'm unable to get past 15Mbps.
I've reconnected the old router and still have 100Mbps. i've checked with my isp and everything is ok at their end which mean the problem is with my Archer.
Is it a faulty Router or do i need to do something in the router settings to make it download at full speed?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer vr600 Slow download speed
2017-06-02 22:53:01
Never buy a tp-link Router again.
I have the same problem with my Archer C7 Router.
Options
2017-07-21 14:57:20
do you use VR600 as a modem or router? try a firmware upgrade first.
Options
2019-05-12 16:34:32

Hi there,

I had faced a similar problem with my new router 940N (450Mbps N-Router) when using with my BSNL-FTTH 50Mbps Fiber connection.

From the LAN on the router i could get >50Mbps but over Wi-Fi it was simply limited to a slower speed of 20Mbps for some reason.

I tried with multiple devices and they all showed the same slow speed of 20~25Mbps downloads/uploads.

I had contacted the TPLink Tech-support but could not get this solved over remote/Tele-call.

The next day after a few trials of my own I finally found the root-cause and solved it and its been working great since then.

The Solution that worked for me:

Since this is an N-Router, at the Wireless security settings, TP-Link Setup wizard itself recommends not to set TKIP Encryption but my BSNL technician did set TKIP wrongly during installation.

On finding this info from the Wireless Security settings page itself, I tried changing it back to the alternate option of AES. 

Now here is the strange and funny part.

For some reason the Router though it showed the settings saved as AES, it seems it never was actually applied it. The speed was still slow at <20Mbps.

Now even after a hard-reset and fresh re-configuration of the Router with AES encryption settings, it did not work.

Then I tried disabling the "Security" itself first, on which I got >55Mbps speed and then next I set it to AES.

This time it seemed to have applied the settings correctly and the high speed was retained and i have never had the slow-speed  issue again.

To confirm this fix i reproduced the steps of going with TKIP and Hard Reset etc and finally back to AES and it has proved to be correct.

Not sure if its a bug in the Router.

Anyway, for anybody facing this issue, please do try these steps. I was almost on the verge of returning my router via Amazon but managed to avoid doing it.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Options
Re:Re:Archer vr600 Slow download speed
2019-05-13 02:25:25

Hi Thomas, thanks for sharing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3429

Replies: 4

Related Articles