TP Link Firmware Recovery Utility - No LEDs lit? Try this.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-08 18:39:47 - last edited 2023-02-10 02:47:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

TP Link seem unwilling to upload this themselves for some internal reason.

If your firmware update fails and your TP-LINK powerline adaptor is "dead" after a powercycle, this should rescue it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AAXXYwUIK3q_jZQK
Options
20 Reply
Re:TP Link Firmware Recovery Utility - No LEDs lit? Try this.
2017-09-18 16:02:47
Thanks for sharing!
Options
2017-10-12 00:28:34
Hy

Can you reup the PLC Recovery Tool i get message wpcap.dll is missing

Thanks
Options
2017-10-13 00:10:31
The software hasn't changed. Works here.
Options
2017-12-03 04:07:27
I tried to use the software to recover my powerline adapter, but when I type in the correct PLC MAC Address using the format the software tells you to use, and browse for the correct firmware files, when I press the Scan button it says "No device to recover!" Am I doing something wrong? I have WinPcap installed, as well as the latest TP-Link PLC Utility. I also ran the PLC Recover Tool in Administrator Mode. I'm using the software on Windows 10.

Are there any additional steps I need to take besides the ones I listed above? Any help would be appreciated.
Options
2017-12-04 00:15:07
If I recall correctly you should not need to type in the MAC address it should scan and find it. Is is bricked after an attempted firmware update?You are directly connected via Ethernet cable? You get a link light on PC? What model and version?
Options
Solved plc recovery tool
2018-01-07 23:03:12
if you cant get your powerline to be found within the tool as i couldnt when i installed the incorrect frimware for my powerline , you must install the incorrect firmware again and power the adapter off during the update as this will brick your device and you will be able to get back to the correct firmware through this tool, the problem i was having was my device still worked on the incorrect firmware but would not allow me to update to the correct one using the above mehtod you can install the correct firmware
Options
Lost Powerline ?
2018-01-28 07:46:14

jamieandrew wrote

if you cant get your powerline to be found within the tool as i couldnt when i installed the incorrect frimware for my powerline , you must install the incorrect firmware again and power the adapter off during the update as this will brick your device and you will be able to get back to the correct firmware through this tool, the problem i was having was my device still worked on the incorrect firmware but would not allow me to update to the correct one using the above mehtod you can install the correct firmware

I made this, and now the TP Link Firmware Recovery Utility not recognize the PLC, and i have only one light lit, the ethernet light and not is blinking. I Need some help. I've tried to do a lot of reset's and nothing works.
Options
2018-02-02 01:32:01
Hello
I'm trying to use this tool to recover a TL-PA4010 that failed to upgrade the firmware and bricked
When i scan the app detectes the device but when i try to recover it always fails. I already tried different version of firmwares but no luck

I used wireshark and the powerline is sending packets

I found open-plc-utils but i have no access to a mac or linux and dont know how to compile with Visual Studio

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Options
2018-02-13 18:48:10
Hi Everyone

I just failed do recovery my TP Link TL-PA2010P with the PLC Recover software it detects the PLC but failed to recover. Do the PLC Recover software works with this model? what i m doing wrong?

Thankx
Options
2018-03-11 01:02:51
Thanks a lot The Vogon!

I had a TL-PA9025P totally bricked, no lights, no reaction. Used the software and in about 2 minutes I had it back.

It's really was simple: 1) connect the CPL directly to the computer through ethernet. 2) Hit "scan" button. When it found it, 3) I chose the firmware file which I had previously downloaded to my PC and 4) hit "recover"
(PA9025P owners, beware of the hardware version).

Voilà!
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 15259

Replies: 20