WA860RE issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WA860RE issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WA860RE issues
WA860RE issues
2017-06-12 23:36:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

Recently I have bought 2 x TL-WA860RE (V2) but having a lot of issues with them.
The setup is easy and works fine, wifi coverage is good.

However when devices connect to one of the extenders sometimes it works but most of the time there is no network connection. Wifi connection if fine though.
After some investigation it seems to be a mac address issue. The extenders change the mac address of the client, hence the arp tables on all other network components and systems are screwed-up.

I have seen on some models that a proxy function could be turned of so I hope some can tell me how to do this on both of my extenders. Otherwise I have to throw them away which of course is a waste of money but so far they are totally unusable.

If anyone has some advice on this please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
--Gerard
Options
3 Reply
Re:WA860RE issues
2017-08-17 19:06:05
Is your issue fixed now?
You will need to check the lights on the extender when there is no network connection.
The 2.4G or 5G light should be on, otherwise you will not get any internet from the extender.
Since you have two extenders, they are with the same default IP address.
You can change the IP address of both extender to different static IP address but with the same subnet as the router.
Options
2017-11-09 04:21:15
Sorry for the late response but to answer your questions;

Is your issue fixed now? No, unfortunately not
You will need to check the lights on the extender when there is no network connection.
the lights are fine
The 2.4G or 5G light should be on, otherwise you will not get any internet from the extender.
the internet is also fine
Since you have two extenders, they are with the same default IP address.
no they don't have the same address. even out of the box there is nothing wrong with the IP address
You can change the IP address of both extender to different static IP address but with the same subnet as the router.
thanks but I know that

There is an issue with the MAC address, not IP address. Since the MAC address of the connected client is changed by the extender lots of connection issues occur. This is a really, really bad design. So the TP-Link units are replaced by a better brand in the same price range.

--Gerard
Options
2017-11-09 16:01:02
The proxy mode can't be turned off.
I found almost all the range extenders have the same issue.
However, if there is no mac filtering or other advanced features on the router, proxy mode won't affect the normal use and internet access.
Suggest you to unplug one extender and test whether only one extender will work normally.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 3

Related Articles