Second Powerline WIFI adapter causing problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-13 00:50:56
Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT Infinity

Hi guys, have a little problem:

I live in a big old house with really think walls (2ft retaining walls!) so wifi doesn't cut it through one wall in some places.

I used to use some old Develo powerline adapters but they were slow and crap so I bought a TL-WPA4220 KIT and TL-PA4010 KIT and the setup is like this:

I ordered a second single TL-WPA4220 as the WIFI still didn't reach around all the house but when I plug it in I cannot get it to clone the SSID or Password. When I try doing it manually via 192.168.1.1 it changes and I can use the internet but then I cannot access 192.168.1.1 and the Mac TP-Link Utility doesn't show any devices?

When I unplug the second one I bought and just use the single WIFI powerline extender it goes back to working fine.

Any ideas?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Second Powerline WIFI adapter causing problems
2017-06-13 19:04:12
You may have missed a step. First, you make the extra 4220 part of your PLC network. Then after that (!), you clone the WiFi settings from the first one.
Options
2017-06-14 00:50:05

Peter M wrote

You may have missed a step. First, you make the extra 4220 part of your PLC network. Then after that (!), you clone the WiFi settings from the first one.

I did that, I paired with the extender thats connected to the router with the new wireless one then tried to clone. It didn't work on the other one either but I manually changed the SSID/Password for that one and its working fine.
Options
2017-06-16 17:08:19
Anyone?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 3

Related Articles