Archer C50 V1 Mac Adress problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-06 01:51:18
Model : Archer C50

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 150325

ISP :

I have one Archer C50 V1 router that after a Firmware upgrade, it changed all its MAC addresses to different ones from the ID tag, I researched it but I did not think of anything to do to restore the correct MAC in its FW.

Some help?

Guedes
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C50 V1 Mac Adress problem
2017-07-11 09:20:29
hi, can you show us some screenshot? which firmware you have upgrade?
Options
2017-07-12 05:06:17
Hi,

During an upgrade power was lost and the brick router, I had to use an SPI USB recorder to record the flash chip, with an image of another Acher C50, and after this process my Archer came back working, but with MACs different from the one I had before.
Options
2017-07-13 10:26:13
does that different mac address affect the daily use of this router? if no, i think there is no need to figure out how to change the correct address back. This router has firmware recovery, but it is kind of risk to do that,maybe it will brick it again.
Options
2017-07-13 21:23:14
hi vieldcs,

It is not normal, but when the FW is restored, I ended up cloning my Archer, and although it is from different countries, I would like to be able to leave everything as a standard factory. I tried to help with TP-Link support, but the answer I got was that: this problem is not covered by the warranty. This is obvious to all, so much that I had to try to recover my router at risk and help from third parties, a shame that everything in Brazil is deficient even companies in other countries are different.
i will try edit FW in Hex app for recovery correct information, maybe works :D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 4

Related Articles