wireles but no wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-21 01:18:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi I have a TL-WPA442T homeplus starterkit.
The wireless function works great but I have no wired internetaccess. Yesterday it worked fine, but not anymore.

I have tried 2 different pc's, 3 different cables, resetting the adapters but noting worked.

Any idea what else to try?

http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_tp-link-tl-wpa4220t-homeplug-starterkit-1304924.html

Options
3 Reply
Re:wireles but no wired connection
2017-07-21 14:25:01
when you connect a pc to it via Ethernet cable, do you see the third light lit up? there are two ethernet ports there, have you tried both of them?
it seems that there is hardware issue if the light is not coming on.
Options
2017-07-21 15:31:12
No the third light of the ethernet connection does not light up. Should I go back to the shop where I bought it?

Strange thing though, if I connect the adapter directly to the modem with a ethernetcable, the third ethernet light lights up. This is not how it should be connected, i know. But thought it might be of interest
Options
2017-07-28 17:15:34
If the light lit up when it is connected to modem, then the ethernet port should be working. You may also check your PC's ethernet port by connecting the PC to the modem directly.
Options