Euro plug TP-Link will it work through a UK to EU electrical adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-22 20:32:29
Model : TL-PA2010PKIT

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had this TP-Link in Spain and now want to use it in the UK. I have tried it through a fused UK to EU adapter but it does not work. Do I need a unfused adapter? This is not being used through a 4 way extension.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.:).
Options
5 Reply
Re:Euro plug TP-Link will it work through a UK to EU electrical adapter
2017-07-27 05:26:07
It's hard to see what difference the adaptor would make provided it's making a sound connection. Same with the fuse. Check it's ok and not corroded in any way.
Options
2017-07-27 14:55:25
Local emissions regulations do differ as well, not just the rules for what the plug is supposed to be like. Just don't.
Options
2017-07-28 15:38:16
The UK and Spain are both in the EU. People move around the EU and bring in adaptors of all kinds. It's necessary and not illegal or in contravention of regulations as suggested. Indeed, it is very likely that such devices conform to EU standards.If it were me, I'd use the utility to reset it and see how that goes.
Options
2017-07-28 16:25:53
Powerline adapters are a special case, for they have intended emissions (the powerline frequency spectrum) right across the aerial radio spectrum - their range is 2~68 or 2~86 MHz.

Radio frequency usage does differ from country to country, particularly for things like emergency services and police. This is why country specific PLC firmware exists - each one is configured to exclude certain frequencies from PLC usage.
Options
2017-07-29 14:20:23
When I visit the firmware download there is no choice of country. There wasn't even any documentation includee regarding emissions when I bought the A600s.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2185

Replies: 5