Archer VR900 V2 WiFi disconnect issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-24 17:38:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I'm having an odd problem with WIFI... I've done all the usual setup for my network, i.e. I've set the SH2 into modem mode and set the VR900 into Router mode.

My daughter said last night that since connecting the VR900 to the network her WiFi is very unstable, it might DC every 5 mins on one day, and every 30 mins another day... and that with just the SH2 she didn't have these problems...

So last night when she was out I tested things out... I connected my FireTV Stick on 5ghz, my Moto X Play (Phone) on 5ghz, and my Samsung TabA 10.1 on 5ghz... and set them all watching videos either on youtube, netflix or amazon prime... everything was fine for about 20 mins then all of sudden I could see the picture quality on the fire stick degrading badly then back then badly then back then boom it lost the internet connection with a message saying the bandwidth cannot support viewing the movie (but was still on the network), all I did was connect it to 2.4ghz then back to 5ghz and it was fine for another 20 mins.

I've used a wifi anaylzer and set the 2.4ghz and 5ghz to unused channels, and have also fiddled with the bandwidth each uses, from 20hz to 80hz for the 5ghz, but for an unknown reason the wifi signal is going from good to fair to none very frequently, and this morning I looked in the router logs and found several instances of a message, EWAN Down... and a following EWAN Up message that followed from anywhere between 20 seconds to 1.5hrs?!?!?

Any ideas why the WiFi is playing up? (none of the usual issues apply, i.e. no microwave, no steel beams blocking (only some wood), the SH2 in router modem mode was infinitely better (when most report that the VR900 is better).

Regards,
Paul
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 V2 WiFi disconnect issues
2017-07-26 10:30:06
does this happen only with 5Ghz or both bands? are you able to login modem web management page when problem occurs?
and when Wi-Fi is not available,are you still able to see it or it disappear?
is wired connection stable when Wi-Fi is not working?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 846

Replies: 1

Related Articles