No improvement in speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No improvement in speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No improvement in speed
No improvement in speed
2017-07-29 14:30:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am using TalkTalk Fibre Medium which gives me 38-39 Mbps download speed when connected to my computer by cable. When using WiFi I am only getting 24-25Mbps download speeds. I also have a new smart 4K TV, a Hisense H55M700. The built in WiFi only gives me 18-19 Mbps which is too slow for Netflix 4K HDR which requires a minimum speed of 25Mbps.I was told by a computer shop to buy the TP-Link AV600 Powerline starter kit and connect my TV using this. I was told this would provide me with 38-39 Mbps download speed. HOWEVER the AV600 makes no difference whatsoever to the download speed. I have tried connecting my desktop Computer using the Powerline starter kit and find no speed difference to using standard WiFi. My computer is only 6 feet from the modem and my TV is around 5 metres from the modem, in my bedroom.
Can anyone give me any advice please?. Many thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:No improvement in speed
2017-07-31 15:04:36
First advice: Use the tpPLC utility to see the physical line rate on your PLC network.
Options
Re:No improvement in speed
2017-08-01 17:25:35
For the wifi, I guess there are many interference around. So if you can, connect the TV to the AV600 via Ethernet cable. Also check the link rate with the utility as Peter suggested. BTW, what's the model number of the product?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 2

Related Articles