Wifi Authentication Problem when trying to connect to TL-WR841N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-12 02:26:16
Model : WR841N

Hardware Version : WR841N v8 00000000

Firmware Version : 3.13.20 Build 120605 Rel.38820n

ISP : [/White]

Recently I have got myself a new Huawei Y3II android phone and failed to connect to the my home wifi via TL-WR841N with authentication problem. I have other android devices (up to 8) that have managed to connect to the router without problem. I have re-checked my WPA2-PSK password over and over again to ensure it is correct but the problem persisted. I have tried static DHCP and many others to no avail. When I restarted the TL-WR841N router, the Huawei phone wifi indicator showed "connected" but the "connected" lasted for seconds only (5-10 seconds) before it got disconnected again with the status "Saved, secured with WPA2" and then the "Authentication Problem" when tried a few times. Please advise me on how to solve this problem.
Options
10 Reply
Re:Wifi Authentication Problem when trying to connect to TL-WR841N
2017-08-14 15:54:19
You may try to change the Authentication type of the router to WPA2-PSK with Encryption AES.
Disable WMM under Wireless -Wireless Advanced.
If these two options can't help, contact the phone support for help, they may give you some suggestions.
Options
Still got problem
2017-08-17 08:58:51

Enson Loo wrote

You may try to change the Authentication type of the router to WPA2-PSK with Encryption AES.Disable WMM under Wireless -Wireless Advanced.If these two options can't help, contact the phone support for help, they may give you some suggestions.
Thanks for your help but the problem is still persistent. I don't think it's a phone problem as the phone connect with ease to my other 2 routers (not tplink) with differentservice provider . The other routers are mobile type or pocket size. It's a tplink problem. After changing to setting you have recommended, the phone was connected for about 10s before it disconnect. The status on the phone is no ip.
Options
2017-08-18 16:24:44
have you tried reset this router and reconfigure it? also firmware upgrade? changing wireless network name and password?
Options
2017-08-21 07:43:33
Thanks again for the advice. I have reset the router a few times and each time I reset, the phone managed to get connected for about 10 seconds after resetting before disconnecting.
It does not always have the message of authentication problem but it is consistently get disconnected after the message "connected" for a few seconds. I have tried to reconfigure the security but it is still the same. There is no firmware upgrade available when I checked. I also tried to change SSID and password but it still the same i.e. connected for 10 seconds and then disconnected for good after resetting or reconfiguration.
Options
2017-08-21 17:37:02
if only the huawei phone has this problem, it may be a compatibility issue. maybe you can report to huawei support to see if what settings can be done on the phone or on the router
Options
2017-12-26 17:12:11
I'm having the same issue with my brand new Galaxy Note 8, contract with T-Mobile UK. But one of my friend working in T-Mobile suggests me to follow this solution to fix this issue. And it works like charm for me.
Options
2018-06-19 22:42:11

BradPitt1 wrote

I'm having the same issue with my brand new Galaxy Note 8, contract with T-Mobile UK. But one of my friend working in T-Mobile suggests me to follow this solution to fix this issue. And it works like charm for me.

Thanks for the advice. I tried the solution but it's no working and sorry for the long delay in reply as I have given up on the problem. I have subscribed to an additional broadband internet access service provider and the Huawei Y3II phone can connect to that wifi and a different router is used.. So it is confirmed that it's a problem with the Tplink router. I am still using the Tplink router as some devices can connect to it. I will never ever buy another Tplink router in the future if this problem is not solved.
Options
2018-06-20 15:16:32
How about the unsecured wireless network? Does it connect?
It seems it's a compatibility issue and it's hard to say it's the problem of the tp-link router or the phone.
half and half/
Options
2018-07-04 21:31:15

Anton L.Z. wrote

How about the unsecured wireless network? Does it connect?
It seems it's a compatibility issue and it's hard to say it's the problem of the tp-link router or the phone.
half and half/

Thanks for your reply. I also think it's compatibility issues but recently, the wifi connection is getting worse as occasionally my Lenovo mobile phones and PCs also having a hard time connecting. Hard time connecting means tried to connect but never get connected instead the status is saved and secured with WPA/WPA2. Only after trying a few times of connecting, then only the status changed to connected. This is frustrating.
Options
2020-06-18 00:20:15

@smekwn Hi, Wifi authentication problem is very common among android and ios. I would suggest you to try some of these fixes to solve this problem.
1. Reset your Android Wi-Fi connection
2. Verify the wireless network name for duplicates
3. Modify the wireless network configuration
4. Give the old Airplane mode a try
5. Perform Network settings reset on Android
6. Make sure your device software is up to date
7. Factory reset your Android device
I hope one of these points will help to fix the wifi problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 12864

Replies: 10

Related Articles