PPPOE falling with 00:02:14 Kill pid SIGTERM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-15 21:30:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

In our network we have several 740N and 840N Routers with drop in PPPOE connection.We verified in history the cause:FindSystemProcbyPidFile 174 Kill pid SIGTERMCan this be a virus or something similar? Because it is only occurring in the TP-LINK Routers

Someone help me? We act as an Internet Service Provider and we have many clients having a down payment.
In our network we have several 740N and 840N Routers with drop in PPPOE connection.We verified in history the cause:FindSystemProcbyPidFile 174 Kill pid SIGTERMCan this be a virus or something similar? Because it is only occurring in the TP-LINK Routers
File:
tplink2.jpegDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:PPPOE falling with 00:02:14 Kill pid SIGTERM
2017-08-16 10:52:30
Dear Pmucio, May I know your hardware and firmware version of 740N and 840N? Also, I suggest you contact TP-Link support as they got more info about this log file.
Options
Re:PPPOE falling with 00:02:14 Kill pid SIGTERM
2017-08-17 16:04:56
Hi Pumcio, did you contact tp-link support at support@tp-link.com? What did they say?
Options
Problem solved
2017-08-18 04:02:46

Enson Loo wrote

Hi Pumcio, did you contact tp-link support at [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]? What did they say?

HI,We discovered the cause of the problem, we use 2 DNS one primary and one secondary. Our primary DNS was in trouble and was not resolving names and this caused the drop of the PPPOE connection on TP-Link. It was enough to change the primary dns on the router to another one that was in operation and the connection did not fall any more.Problem solved, but it is a very big failure in the TP-Link Router, we have several brands in our network and the only one that presented a BUG in this session was you.I am sharing valid and very important information, so I would like you to go forward with the purpose of correcting the Bug / Failure in the next firmware updates.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 3