RE650 Apple devices problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-21 23:41:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I find that my RE650 works really well for my Sony laptop and my Windows 'phone but my two iPads and my iPhone will only connect to it at roughly half the range of these other devices. The iPads and iPhone just do not see the RE650 until they are within 15 yards of it indoors. Admittedly I live in a block of flats which is of steel frame and concrete construction but the signal is perfectly usable at 30 yards, if rather slow, with the laptop and 'phone.
Is the problem just an Apple one (poor wifi antennas)? I have reset the Apple devices by the way - so that is not the cause.
Options
4 Reply
Re:RE650 Apple devices problem
2017-08-22 14:08:35
I would say update the firmware of the RE650. and connect to the 2.4GHz network, 5G is not as good as 2.4G to pass through walls or concrete obstacles.
Options
2017-08-22 22:40:53
I already have the latest firmware it seems. I have achieved a very slight improvement in range by changing wifi channel to one less crowded but whilst I do now get a connection it is at less than 1Mbps (I have a fibre connection which leaves the router at 37 Mbps).
I wonder if I could do the thing you are not supposed to do and 'daisy-chain' another extender on - at least then there is a chance of getting around 9Mbps (25% of the original rate). What do you think?
Options
2017-08-23 13:27:43
change the location of the extender maybe. and your phones and pads are too far away from the router, consider the powerline extender if you have one power circuit in your house
Options
2017-08-24 02:27:11
I'm in a block of flats with shared lounges, dining room etc which is where I want the signal to go if possible. But this means there are several power circuits so powerline extenders are not going to work. I have tried a few different locations for the extender but there are few mains sockets in the corridors. I started with the extender on the same level I live on but found better signal spread by putting it one level below. I could try it one level above and see if that works, other wise I may have to try the second extender.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 4

Related Articles