TP-Link TL-PA4010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TL-PA4010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link TL-PA4010
TP-Link TL-PA4010
2017-08-22 05:38:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can anyone help please, I have two powerline adapters already connected and working fine, one is plugged into my TP-Link router and one directly into my sky hub, this was the only way I could get them both to work if I plugged them both into the router or the hub I had no connection but when split one in each they work fine, I have just purchased another adapter but choose whether I plug it in to the router or hub it will not work and it also stops both of the other adapters working and also the wifi, what am I doing wrong? any help appreciated.
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-PA4010
2017-08-22 16:15:29
what do you want to do with the other adapter? you can only connect it to a pc or other Ethernet device to get internet. and that's how adapter works. one connect to router, other one connects to another device. two adapters work like an Ethernet cable to link your router and your hub or computer. If plug both powerline adapters into the router, then what's the point of it?
Options
2017-08-23 00:48:31
uutommi thanks for the reply, I have two connected already one for and Xbox which is downstairs and on for a pc that is upstairs I purchased An additional one for a PS4 that is also upstairs, the pc and Xbox both work flawlessly but as soon as I add in the third adapter I loose internet connection compleatly, even the wifi, but if I remove the cable from the router bingo the original two adapters and the wifi connections are restored. Am I trying to add too many adapters? I don't get it as there are three ports on both the router and sky wifi hub and I'm only using one on each.
Options
2017-08-23 15:10:41
did you connect the additional one to your PS4? not to the router or sky hub? when you add an powerline adapter, you just need one, pair it with the existing one (any one), and that's it. Only one adapter is needed to plug into your router
Options
Fixed
2017-08-24 01:43:13
uutommi once again than you for your help, it's now sorted and working great, I've even added one to my TV and all 4 are working great
Options
2017-08-25 15:56:54
that's great ;)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1140

Replies: 5

Related Articles