Powerline LED not lighting up - no connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-26 19:28:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

I have been using powerline adapters for 2/3 years now and I have just come back from my holls, switched everything back on and cannot get my powerlines to work. Whatever I try I have the middle light (Powerline LED) that is always off.

This affects the PARENT device on a:TP-LINK TL-PA451KIT AV500 Powerline Adapter.

I have tried: re-booting my router, updating the router firmware, different ethernet cables, different wall sockets, re-booting the adapters themselves. Still nothing.
Top light is on, middle light is off, bottom light is on.

Not sure what else I can do, any ideas?

Martin
Options
5 Reply
Re:Powerline LED not lighting up - no connection
2017-08-28 19:48:31
When you pressed the pair button on the adapter, did the top light blink? If not, better press and hold the pair button longer, for about 10 seconds, on both adapters. Then press the pair button again for 1 sec to pair them. You can also use the utility to pair them. Reset them through the utility may help.
Options
2017-08-30 04:39:22
Thanks for coming back to me. The answer is no, it does not blink. When I try the 10 sec reset.... for a split second all three light up then immediately it goes back to the top and bottom lit up, middle light off. The bottom light occasionally blinks.
I have 6 adapters around my house, there were all working fine, so should I unplug each and everyone of them until I get one working then add all the others? I was wondering if one of the is the cause of the problem? The other thing Is, is I cannot seem to 're pair' any up.... I have one in the kitchen that is easily accessible, and for that I have tried the 10 sec restart then pairing but as I mentioned above, nothing happens. The line is still dead.
Options
2017-08-30 17:33:12
Yes better pair one by one. And try the 1 second pair after the 10 second pair. You can follow the video http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WPA4226KIT.html
Options
2017-08-31 16:02:23
Thanks - I am all sorted - I downloaded the utility, reset them all and it has worked. Thanks for your help!
Options
2020-06-19 10:32:16

@vieldcs Cheers. worked. zombie apocolypse with internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 82555

Replies: 5

Related Articles