TL-PA8030P losing internet connection on all devices after plugging in a second cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA8030P losing internet connection on all devices after plugging in a second cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-27 19:46:37
Model : TL-PA8030PKIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi

Just received the above KIT. I initially connected the kit to two ports on my BT Smart hub. Everything stopped working, no wireless connectivity - nothing. Removed it and we were back working. After a lot of trial and error the kit only works with a single connection. If I add another connection I lose connectivity to the network on all my devices, even the wirelessly connected ones.

Has anyone any ideas?

Paddy
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-PA8030P losing internet connection on all devices after plugging in a second cable
2017-08-28 19:46:11
Why would you connect the kit to two ports on your hub? I don't get it. You are supposed to connect one to one port on the hub, and connect other adapter to your computer or any Ethernet devices to access internet.
Options
Re:TL-PA8030P losing internet connection on all devices after plugging in a second cable
2017-08-28 23:39:18
Hi

Have a look at the model I'm referring to. It has 3 ports on the adapter so each one must be connected to a port on the hub I assumed. So when I connect one it works ok. Connect the second and I lose connectivity.

Paddy
Options
2017-08-29 13:54:07
A classic loop situation. Use only 1! wire to connect the 2 devices.
Options
2017-08-29 19:01:27
Hi

So it appears I only need to have a single port connected to the router even though there are three ports on it. A little counter intuitive, as at the router end the other two ports are wasted and as I said if i connect another port to the router everything goes down.

So i guess I really should have a single port AV1200 connector at the router and pair this with the three port adapters.

Paddy
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 4