TP-Link 600 Mbps - How do I know they are all working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-28 05:11:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have three TP-Link 600 Mbps powerline adapters in the house. I have had them since the start of June.

Whilst there is wi-fi all around the house I am not sure that all three are fully configured and working as expected. We are experiencing a couple of recurring issues which may be down to the adapters.

1. We run 2 internet radios because we don't get regular radio signals (surrounded by trees). One radio works flawlessly which the other regularly drops out and then either picks up again or gives the cannot connect message. Both radios are the same model and same firmware and setup exactly the same.

2. We run three Chromecast devices attached to TVs and one Chromecast Audio connected to an amp.The Chromecast adjacent to the router is very stable and rarely fails to work properly. The other two always take extra effort to get working. Either they are not visible on the network or they are not visible to the app I want to use. We always use Android devices for Chromecast. The Chromecast Audio sometimes is not visible.

I am checking on an other forum issues with chrome.

How do I check that all 3 Powerline Adapters are working properly?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link 600 Mbps - How do I know they are all working?
2017-08-28 15:59:19
I tried the Tether app again but it doesn't see ant TP devices.

I tried looking for then via the wi-fi on my laptop. All it could see was my wi-fi network and the neighbours network.

That would suggest that all three are properly paired with our network and broadcasting the same SSD.

Any thoughts?
Options
2017-08-28 19:42:29
You should use the tpPLC utility instead of tether which is for routers and extenders. The light status is important, check it when the signal drops out. And you can relocate the powerline adapter to test.
Options
2017-08-29 14:57:01
Thanks, I'll try that at home tonight.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 3