TpPLC Utility Not Detecting Powerline Devices, FIXED by Installing NpCap/WinpCap

Used Products:

I have set up 2 PA9020P adapters in my network and got them paired and working like a charm.  I assumed it would be a good idea to update firmware for the new kit, however the latest tpPLC Utility has difficulty recognizing my device.

When open the TpPLC Utility, it does not find any of my powerline device though all the power line adapters showed 3 Green Leds , communicates well and providing internet.

As you can imagine, I tried different steps to fix it but nothing helped. After some researching, I found the tpPLC Utility requires install the latest version of WinPcap, WinPcap website and recommends Npcap .  I decided to go for Npcap first and that did the trick! tpPLC Utility were able to found my PA9020Ps!

Here is what I did on my Win10 HP desktop:

1. Uninstall tpPLC Utility, in this way old version WinPcap will be uninstalled

2. Download the latest Npcap app from Npcap website

I downloaded npcap -1.6.0 and follow the installer instructions to install it

3. Download the latest tpPLC Utility on the official support page for my TL-PA9020 KIT . Then install the TP PLC Utility, the Installer will detect the Npcap automatically and stop install the previous WinPcap in this case.

4. After the installation is done, TP PLC Utility works with the Npcap.

One thing to note here that if error “NPCAP Install failure 0x8007007e” occurs, this could be due to WinPcap/Npcap were previously installed, uninstall them first. WinPcap website mentioned some old files like DDL. files need manually deleted. I run my CcCleaner APP> Registry Cleaner to make sure old files are deleted completely.

As a conclusion, installing Npcap or WinPcap helps tpPLC Utlity to detect the powerline devices.   It took some time to figure that out so I shared my experience here, hopefully this could work for the ones who  are on the same boat. Good Luck!

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".

Comment

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions