Archer C58 Power led stays on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-31 04:49:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey everyone,I am currently facing my router which won't work as it should be. I bought the tp-link archer c58 in December last year and it worked perfectly. Just plug and play and happy me. Last week I moved over to my new house and I thought the router from my previous set up would be just again plug and play. But unfortunately it wasn't. I plugged the cables into the router and the wifi was working, but the LAN to my PC wasn't. So I unplugged the cable and tried another port. And that was when the magic happened. I probably pressed one of the buttons on the back (WPS or wifi) for a short term and my router wasn't showing connections anymore. Then I tried resetting it and now I ended up with a router with only the power led on. I can't reach it from my PC through the LAN cable, resetting won't work (the led stays on green). I tried a 30/30/30. Nothing works:(Dis anyone encounter such an issue and did you get a solution? Any help is appreciated! (I am not so good when it comes down to connections, so supporting advice is appreciated)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C58 Power led stays on
2017-08-31 09:51:41
Just turn off and on the router. Press the WiFi button to see WiFi led will light up or not. If nothing, router seems to become brick, you may try this http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1482.html
Options
Re:Archer C58 Power led stays on
2017-09-01 02:14:53
Sorry for my bad thread. I am using my mobile phone currently, since I can't reach my PC. Therefore I wasn't able to reread my post. And thanks for your help uutommi! Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix my router this way. When I start up chrome and browse to the made IP it says I am not connected to internet. Luckily my router has 3 years warranty, so I'll return it. But now I have to find out how I can use my PC with internet for the upcoming weeks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 2

Related Articles