Devices won't connect to Archer D7 (AC1750)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-18 21:09:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,

I'll cut to the chase immediately. I've been using my TP-Link Archer D7 (AC1750) for a couple of years now and it's been working fine. Recently, when there were some issues with connectivity, (instead of turning it off and on again, which usually works fine,) my roommate mistakenly reset the router to default settings. After figuring out how to change the name and password again, we've all connected our devices again. Everything in the house seems to work fine except for three devices:
- My roommate's Chromebook C720 (suits him well, it's his own fault :p)
- Our TV's Chromecast
- My PlayStation 4

So the both the Chromebook an the Chromecast do have a connection with the router but can't connect to the internet. I can get onto the router's settings with the Chromebook, but do not have an internet connection (Chromebook problem status code 137). The Chromecast does not give any error code but it comes down to the same thing. My PlayStation seems to have the same problem. Able to connect to the router, but not to the internet.
I think the problem lies in the router itself. Perhaps there is some security setting that prevents some devices from connecting well. What could be the problem here?

Besides this problem, we also have the minor problem that the two MacBooks in the house cannot acces the router settings when we insert 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. The other laptops, including the Chromebook have no problem with this.

Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices won't connect to Archer D7 (AC1750)
2017-09-19 17:55:24
If the other devices all work fine with the modem, the internet should be fine. And there is no settings to limit the internet connection since you have reset the modem to factory default. Are they nor working on both 2.4G and 5G? How about wired connection? Can try change channel for wifi, or change SSID and have a try. Didn't see code 137 on Chromebook before, maybe you can contact the support of your devices and see what's happening.
BTW, if you cannot log into the interface on your Macbooks, can try clear cache and history, or try different web browsers, how about tplinkmodem.net instead of the IP address?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 975

Replies: 1

Related Articles