External Hard Drive connected by USB via Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-10 05:28:35
Model : Archer C3200

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Telus

I have a Western Digital 8TB External Hard Drive. I have a TP-Link AC3200 router. I am trying to connect my external hard drive to my router but it keeps disconnecting (eventually over a few hour period or more). I set up my Plex Media Server account to use the external hard drive this way, iTunes as well, and of course my iMac. I have tried to connect the hard drive to both the USB to the 3.0 and 2.0 port. Both same issue. Is there something I need to do to keep this connection stable? Or is there something with having an external hard drive connected to a router making it not work properly. Any help would be appreciated!
Options
1 Reply
Re:External Hard Drive connected by USB via Router
2017-11-10 09:16:11
Was the USB light on when the hard driver disconnected?
If the external hard driver has an external power supply, better to use that power supply to power for it instead of the usb port.
Besides, when the hard driver use its own security, this will make the router not detect it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 986

Replies: 1

Related Articles