Powerline LED has to be on with the first adapter in the wall?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-18 19:10:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi @ll

First of all: Sorry for my English, I try to explain as good as I can...

After about 2 years of working fine my TL-PA4010 start to mess around.

I tried to reset them (I have two) with the management utility and start all over. In the manual it says that the powerline LED has to be on as soon as you plug the very first adapter in.
So is this correct? You plug it in, wait and shortly after all 3 LED are on? This does not work with mine (anymore?).

I just wonder if this is so because how would the first adapter "know" it has powerline without another adapter responding?

So here's what I do:
Plug adapter A into power circuit (with LAN cable already in the adapter), all 3 LED light very shortly and then only power and LAN stay green, powerline turns off.

At that point no other adapter is plugged in. Do I really understand it right that even then the powerline LED has to be on?

I then plugged in the next adapter B in a wall socket in the same room, it boots and then only the power LED is on.
Then I press "pair" on adapter A and after this on B. It takes about 2-5 seconds and then A has all 3 LED on and B has power and powerline on.

After about 1 minute on adapter A the powerline LED stops and they are not connected anymore.

Any suggestions what I could do?

I already switched the adapters but I have the same effect.
And I do not have any new devices in the power circuit and both adpaters are right in the wall.
So no changes at all, it "just happened"...

Thank you so much for any advice...

semisecco
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline LED has to be on with the first adapter in the wall?
2017-12-19 16:43:09
what about add these devices manually via tpPLC Utility? it seems you have paired them successfully, is there any device which has fliter function in the circuits?
Options
2017-12-19 20:58:57
Well, it only seems to be paired. After about one minute they loose the connection again. And in the utility it says that there is no other device but the local one.

So this is why I wanted to know if the powerline LED has to be on even if there is only one (!) adapter plugged in. This is what it says in the guide...

Options
2017-12-20 16:27:26
Well, I kind of solved it...

First of all: The powerline LED obviously does not have to be "on" when you plug in the very first adapter (and no other TP Link device is already in the circuit).

This should be corrected in the manual because if it does not light up you might think (as I did) that the device is not working properly.

I resetted all devices again (about the 5th time or so) and just tried everything again and now it works. I have no idea why but I have read and heard now quite often that
this system is often unstable and has to be resetted so if anyone faces the same problem:
Just try again after putting all devices back to factory setup.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1096

Replies: 3

Related Articles