Archer C2600 forget wired connections, back alive after router reboot (every day)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2600 forget wired connections, back alive after router reboot (every day)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-03 02:24:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a couple of devices connected wired and many others wireless. Wired connections don't have internet access and are not "living" after one day uptime. When I reboot router wired devices are back alive. All wireless devices are connected an alive all the time. Router reboot fixes this, but I don't really want to reboot router every day. Wired devices are XBox One and seagate NAS. What the hell is going on?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C2600 forget wired connections, back alive after router reboot (every day)
2018-03-06 11:08:00
Hi,

Do your wired devices get IP address from the router? If yes, then do they have IP address when the wired connections drop?
Did you try differnet Ethernet cables or Ethernet ports on the router?
Options
Re:Archer C2600 forget wired connections, back alive after router reboot (every day)
2018-03-07 05:18:39
I discovered new firmware for the router via this forum. Yesterday I installed it and now far everything is ok, wired devices have not disconnected so far. It was only weird that on the official website the newest fw was from year 2016. And when I go to download section in this forum I discovered fw from year 2017 and it says on the info:

Modifications and Bug Fixes: Bug Fixed
1. Fixed the bug that wired connection would disconnect sometimes.
2. Fixed the bug that the router may crash when upgrading with USB devices.

FW is

Published Date: 2017-03-06

And my wired devices has stable ip addresses based on mac addresses.
Options
2018-03-09 16:18:32
Which website did you check? I see the latest firmware on US website, so now your firmware is US version, and you can only use US version in the future.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/Archer-C2600.html#Firmware
Options
2018-03-10 00:12:46
I live in Finland. First I checked finnish site and latest fw was 2016. Site is this: https://www.tp-link.com/fi/download/Archer-C2600.html#Firmware . Then I clicked on this forum "download" section and it gives me english site. Here is the site: https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C2600.html#Firmware . There is newer one. I think fw is same (UN) model than it is ment to be in my modem. I only think why this fw is not available on finnish site?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 805

Replies: 4

Related Articles