One unit rejecting connection to Kindle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-08 19:00:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an issue where one of the 3 Deco units is simply rejecting the wifi connection from both our Kindles. The other 2 units (main and living room) allow the connection fine, but the bedroom one refuses. Other devices connect perfectly, it's just the kindles. I have tried swapping the units but the same happens to whatever Deco is in the bedroom. I have tried reconnecting the Deco and starting from scratch but that makes no difference either so I'm at a complete loss.

It's obviously something to do with the location or how that particular unit is connecting to the mesh, but i have no idea where to go from here - it's just the Kindles that it rejects the connection to :mad:
Options
7 Reply
Re:One unit rejecting connection to Kindle
2018-03-10 00:16:31
Hi Dodsy,

Do you have the latest firmware update?
Options
2018-03-11 02:56:49
Yes latest firmware
Options
2018-03-13 20:44:43
Is the LED light on the bedroom Deco green? Is that Deco connected to the main one by cable or Wi-Fi? So your Kindles are connected to the bedroom Deco's Wi-Fi, but no internet access or they cannot connect to the Wi-Fi?

dodsy wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an issue where one of the 3 Deco units is simply rejecting the wifi connection from both our Kindles. The other 2 units (main and living room) allow the connection fine, but the bedroom one refuses. Other devices connect perfectly, it's just the kindles. I have tried swapping the units but the same happens to whatever Deco is in the bedroom. I have tried reconnecting the Deco and starting from scratch but that makes no difference either so I'm at a complete loss.

It's obviously something to do with the location or how that particular unit is connecting to the mesh, but i have no idea where to go from here - it's just the Kindles that it rejects the connection to :mad:
Options
2018-03-14 01:12:56
All 3 Decos have green lights. Other devices can connect to all 3 decos and connect to internet fine. Kindle can connect to the deco connected to the router and the deco in the living room, but the connection to both kindles is rejected by the deco in the bedroom. My phone and laptop connect to the bedroom deco fine tho
Options
2018-03-14 16:19:26
How can you tell your kindles are rejected by the deco in the bedroom? They lose connection when you move them to the bedroom? Have you ever changed the operation mode from router to access point? Those 3 deco units are connected with each other wirelessly, or there is Ethernet backhaul?
Options
2018-03-15 03:04:17
Hi Kevin, responses below:

How can you tell your kindles are rejected by the deco in the bedroom? They lose connection when you move them to the bedroom?
In the living room and office, the kindles connect to the Deco's fine and i can download new books etc. When i try that in the bedroom with the Deco there i get the following message:
"Your Kindle is unable to connect to the wifi network. The access point rejected the connection request"
When i move downstairs again the kindle connects automatically. Other devices connect to the deco in the bedroom fine.

Have you ever changed the operation mode from router to access point?
No

Those 3 deco units are connected with each other wirelessly, or there is Ethernet backhaul?
Wirelessly
Options
2018-03-15 16:04:39
very strange mate. you should contact tplink support to dig it out.
Options