TL WA901ND v5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL WA901ND v5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL WA901ND v5
TL WA901ND v5
2018-03-17 08:37:56
Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.16.9 Build 160929 Rel.37753n

ISP :

Hello,

I purchased a couple of months ago this WiFi extender. I will explain the problems i have and i hope someone will give me a solution.

I am using the wa901nd on the 2nd floor of my house and extending the wifi from my main router from the 1st floor
On the main router of the 1st floor of my house i have connected via lan 2 pc's.
The mode i am using is universal repeater and i am connecting to it a PC with lan cable and 1 laptop and 2 phones with wifi.

My 2 main problems are.

a) randomly after a couple of hours of working or max like 1 day of working, wa901nd will not accept the wifi password.
will show a message "password is not correct" to any device i will try to connect to and will not allow my wifi devices to connect to it. Even if i log in the wa901nd
and change the wifi password will still say the password i am trying is incorrect. Only i solution i found to this is to log and change the mode
to something else like AP or Client, set password, save, then change again to Universal repeater, set password, save (from the pc connected in the lan port).
When i have the "wifi password not correct" message, PC connected to lan is getting internet and can transmit to other pcs
on my 1st floor network fine with no problems.

b) my internet connection is a VDSL 30mbts. When i speedtest from the PC connected to wa901nd via lan i get like 27-29mbts speed.
thats almost the full speed of my isp so its fine. When i speedtest from the laptop or the phones connected to wa901nd with wifi i don't get more than 7-9mbts.
The same laptop and phones speedtest directly from my main router will also get arround 27-29mbts so devices are fine.

I tried to reflash several times with the only firmware i found on the product page for wa901nd but nothing. Tried to power it from poe or directly from its power supply unit
but still nothing. Problems still remain.

Please give me a solution.
Thank You.
Tassos
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL WA901ND v5
2018-03-19 21:29:46
wireless coverage is more like a long oval. So upstairs is not a good location for range extenders as the signal there is already weak and unstable.
try move AP to a place where he can receive stable connection from the router.
Or you can try wireless powerline adapters.
https://www.tp-link.com/gr/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA4220KIT.html
Options
2018-03-20 05:07:00
Seems you either didn't understand the problem i am describing or you just reply to increase your posts counter.

I didn't said i have problem with the signal between main router and wa901nd. Signal is full and fine.
I also describe that lan port of wa901nd is working excellent. Full speed communication even when
everything else is stuck or not working at all..

Read my post again please.
Thanks.
Tassos.
Options
2018-03-20 15:23:13
From my point of view, you should ask your question directly to TP-Link support so they can debug this for you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 872

Replies: 3

Related Articles