TL-WR9023AC(US) using nwired connection for a device possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-23 11:58:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HI,

I am trying to connect a device to the wired port of this router and am not succeeding to connect.
Is the wired port of this device designed "only" to connect an internet connection or should it be possible to connect any device?

The setup I would like to create is a dedicated router for a music band use; to connect together tablets and mixers for controlling these mixers via laptops or tablets and/or sharing music charts between laptop/tablets.

I have it working good in a wireless fashion, except one of my two mixers seems to have an erratic wireless connection.
Since there is a cat5 wired port on the router, I thought I could use this and connect the mixer via cat5 the same way as connecting a wireless connection.
However, it doesn't seem to be working at all, so I am wondering if maybe this wired port is intended for use "only" for an internet connection and cannot be used to connect a regular device.

Forgive me if this doesn't make any sense, I am not an expert by any stretch, just trying to connect my stuff together so it works.

Sincerely,
Dan
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR9023AC(US) using nwired connection for a device possible?
2018-03-27 16:56:04
what is the mode switch set to?
if it is router, this port is wan port for modem,etc. so you can't connect a regular device to it.
if you just want to connect all devices in the same network, you can set the mode to hotspot.
Then this ethernet port is lan port now. But all the devices can't get internet from this hotspot router.
hope this can help you.
Options