Archer T8E problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T8E problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer T8E problem
Archer T8E problem
2018-05-16 15:17:32
Howdy,

So, I've been using an Archer T8E on a Windows 10 install for around two years or so now with no issues at all.
Recently it has just stopped working.

Windows says the device is working fine, the little green light on the card is lit up, however... I can no longer get any range on the card to see the modem, whereas a couple of weeks ago it was working fine.
In the meantime I've been using my phone as a WiFi hotspot, which seemed to work... At least for a while.
Now the hotspot will show in the list of available connections, however I can no longer connect to it.

I've tried a driver reinstall and plugging the card into different slots. I have also noticed in the Windows 10 WiFi settings, clicking 'change adapter options' gives an error, stating the following...
control.exe - Bad ImageC:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\CoreSync_x64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I've no idea what Adobe has to do with ANYTHING at all. Would anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be, or why, and how to resolve it?It's driving me crazy. Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T8E problem
2018-05-18 11:49:30
To update...

Moving that CoreSync_x64.dll file resolved the issue of the error coming up as mentioned in the above post.

I can also now connect to the WiFi hotspot cast by my phone, but I still cannot see, or connect to the home WiFi anymore.
I can see and connect to it fine on my phone (Galaxy S8+) at a further distance than my PC with no dramas.

Any thoughts?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 1

Related Articles