Archer VR600 set up not clear how to set it up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-15 14:26:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just bought this router as one that came with NBN in Australia - new internet replacing ADSL etc - with same ISP Telstra - is outmoded but free and my Avast free says it is open to hackers link to my local forum and myself posting as Lamb Chop.
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Sagemcom-F-st5355-Router-still-not-latest-update-even-though/td-p/757455

And now just seen a posting here for this new router having same problem.
now Telstra said this problem has been fixed but Avast still says not so and until then - how can we feel safe?

Now i have this new smart looking router. But cant find how to set it up as it seems the only way other than the not clear bit in the box you have to have a smart phone to get any help on the web. Really not all have these - Seniors like myself have the old cheaper flip phones needed for PayPal etc and most sites today more and more due to hacking.

I cant believe there is no other way for Seniors like myself in Australia to have to then pay a technician who may not be any better than what I can learn from some forums where people care.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR600 set up not clear how to set it up
2018-07-16 17:04:12
Firstly, test how you can get internet by connecting your computer to your NBN box directly by cable.

[COLOR=#1F497D][COLOR=#333333]1)if the computer gets internet directly, you will need to choose [FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]‘Dynamic ip as our modem’s WAN connection type
[COLOR=#333333]2) if the computer can’t get internet directly and you need to do a PPPOE dial up connection in order to get on line, then choose PPPOE as our modem’s WAN connection type.

Secondly, choose wireless router mode after you login to the router's web UI.

Of course, we need to connect NBN box to LAN/WAN port on the router.

hope it will be helpful for you. if there is any difficulity, try to contact tp-link hotline support directly to guide you set up.
[/FONT]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1143

Replies: 1

Related Articles