FTP Server with WR1043ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FTP Server with WR1043ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
FTP Server with WR1043ND
FTP Server with WR1043ND
2018-07-20 17:27:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
I have the WR1043ND router, hardware version 4, newest firmware (3.16.9). I am trying to set up a harddrive attached via USB to the router as FTP server that can be used within the network and remotely. I struggle, partly since none of the TP manuals fits to the firmware version. In the USB settings, I enabled storage sharing and can see the harddrive here as volume2. I can access this volume using SMB using the address tplinkwifi.net/volume2 and my account login. I can read and write on this volume.
I also enabled the FTP server. I made a folder and can access it using ftp://tplinklogin.net/FOLDERNAME. However, it’s read only, although my account is set to read and write.
From the manuals I understood, that here also an remote IP address should be given. This point is missing in this firmware version, I just see something called internet address which is the router IP address (192.168.0.x)

Thanks a lot for your help!
Options
1 Reply
Re:FTP Server with WR1043ND
2018-07-24 14:23:46
internet address, that's WAN IP address of the router.

try to access it with ftp://WAN IP address
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 1

Related Articles