my media PC kept loosing the wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-06 07:37:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[COLOR=#000000]I recently bought a TD-W9980 to replace my TalkTalk "super router" that needed resetting at least once a day otherwise my fibre broadband would slow to a crawl!

My first problem was that I can't access the router through firefox, I see the login screen, enter the username and password then it just loads a blank screen, it works fine in IE and safari on my iphone, so not too much of a problem. The setup was simple, it connected to the internet, I set the wifi name and password and everything was good.

Then the second problem, my media PC kept loosing the wifi connection, every 15 mins or so, I have to go to the connections and tell it to connect again. Then the next day my iphone 6 and my brothers iphone 5s started to do the same, but if you leave them long enough they will reconnect. They don't all do it at the same time, my main PC and my brothers PC have been fine.

I've tried a few things to fix it, I disabled the 5ghz wifi, tried using different channels, I've tried setting the channel width to 20mhz, 40mhz and auto, reserved IP addresses for the devices that have problems and I've checked that the firmware is the most recent.

The wifi adapters in my main PC and media PC are the same TP-Link TL-WN881ND, so I don't think that's the problem or they would both be affected, not just the media PC.

Is there anything else I could try? Is it a faulty router? I never had any wifi issues with the super router, netgear router from before fibre or the old TalkTalk router before that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 0

Related Articles