Router freeze on speed higher than 50 Mbit/s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-09 04:46:28

I have router TP-Link Archer C20 (RU) v4. When downloading files on speed less than 50 Mbit/s everything is OK. I purchased package from my provider with the maximum speed 100 Mbit/s and now my router freezes and becomes unresponsive when downloading large files (over 10GB). After manual reboot it works smoothly for some time and freeze again. When I manually set the maximum download speed at 50 Mbit/s it works perfectly. I even flashed OpenWRT but the problem still persists. I can't even see logs on the moment of the freeze.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router freeze on speed higher than 50 Mbit/s
2019-01-09 06:07:53

serjflint wrote

I have router TP-Link Archer C20 (RU) v4. When downloading files on speed less than 50 Mbit/s everything is OK. I purchased package from my provider with the maximum speed 100 Mbit/s and now my router freezes and becomes unresponsive when downloading large files (over 10GB). After manual reboot it works smoothly for some time and freeze again. When I manually set the maximum download speed at 50 Mbit/s it works perfectly. I even flashed OpenWRT but the problem still persists. I can't even see logs on the moment of the freeze.

try unplug the wan cable and plug in again when it freezes, would it work?

Options
Re:Re:Router freeze on speed higher than 50 Mbit/s
2019-01-11 17:24:37

Reboot is easier for me (cable it too tight-fitted). Still I want to solve the problem, not symptoms. I don't need any freezes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 2

Related Articles