WMM causes problems TL-WR941ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-17 16:41:44 - last edited 2019-01-17 16:42:50

When I enable WMM, after some time, devices (smartphones, bought this year, new thinkpad laptop, etc.) cannot connect. They stop getting an IP. When I unplug and plug the router connection is OK for some time until it stops working again. 

What is the problem and how to solve? I don't want to disable it as I understand it then means 802.11n is disabled as well (and I need the range)

Options
2 Reply
Re:WMM causes problems TL-WR941ND
2019-01-18 08:15:10

Hi,

How often does the problem happen? 

It may be caused by WMM. If it's OK, disable WMM and monitor it for some time.

Are all of your devices wireless? Did you check Ethernet connection? 

And what's the hardware and firmware version of your router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:WMM causes problems TL-WR941ND
2020-07-27 14:09:39

@Ittay Hi Is there a solution for this. I am also facing the same issue using 841N. My laptop gets disconnected when WMM is enabled on the router. If enabled and if my laptop is connected all the device in the network will get disconnected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 996

Replies: 2

Related Articles