RE200 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE200 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE200 won't connect
RE200 won't connect
2019-01-25 19:53:49

Hello,

I have a RE200 v2.0 EU version and it came with firmware version 1.1.7, which i did update sucessfuly to version 1.1.8 (latest available).

After the update, the device starts to perform very oddly.

The web page for the RE200 stops working, i can't login and all it gives me is either an error page or the one with the 2 options to chose and that has the text saying i'm not connected to the extender network.

The app on the phone keeps saying i'm not in the same IP range as the extender.

I've done a reset on it several times, tried manually and WPS configs and it's all the same, after it pairs with the Router this always happens.

When it does allows me to connect to it, it won't get internet access.

Most times the 5G network won't work, the devices keep trying and trying to connect, but always fails with the message that it wasn't able to get an ip address.

No, it's not the device itself, i went to the store and got a new one, after the firmware update and the result was exactly the same.

Now, i need a way to fix this, i can't go to the store and trade it again.

Can you tell me how to fix this or how to downgrade to another firmware level?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200 won't connect
2019-01-30 09:32:25
If the 2.4G and 5G lights are lit up on the RE200, means the RE is configured successfully, you can go to your router's management page to find the ip address of the RE, and then connect a PC to the RE by a cable, and type that ip address in the address bar, and log into the management page of the RE200. In the management page, you can go to the Settings->Network to disable the DHCP server to have a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 1

Related Articles