Telegram won't connect

Telegram won't connect

Telegram won't connect
Telegram won't connect
2024-05-25 21:32:00 - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(4252)

I'm having a strange issue with my TP-Link Archer C6 router.

Telegram always worked fine since I bought the router. Out of nowhere, it simply won't connect anymore when I'm connected to it.

Details on the issue:

- It always works perfectly on other modems and routers, the very same connection that is going through Archer C6.

- When I connect to my mobile network, it also works fine.

- It happens on any device that's connected through Archer C6, PC, phone, all of it.

- It also works if I use a VPN through Archer C6.

Details on what I've tried to fix this:

- I have already reset Archer C6 multiple times, physically using the reset button and via software, restoring it to factory settings.

- I have reset it by turning it off and on multiple times.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Telegram won't connect-Solution
2024-05-28 03:41:20 - last edited a week ago

Hi, @Marvin_S, thanks for answering this message.

Before I had the chance to try any troubleshooting, the issue just solved itself, somehow. I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, it seems to have been just a temporary problem with the router.

If it ever happens again, I'll try following the steps and let everyone here know if it worked.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Telegram won't connect
2024-05-28 03:35:38

@aalvestp 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

If no network access with your router, you may try the following troubleshooting

Orange/Red Internet light on the router:

1. Unplug your router from the modem, connect your PC directly into the modem to verify the Internet status of your ISP.

2. Reboot the ISP Modem and the Router, you must firstly power on the Router, once the router's fully powered on, power on the modem.

3. Login to the web UI via tplinkwifi.net and set it up following the Quick Setup.

4. If your PC has Internet when connected to the modem, but the Router still doesn't, please go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Mac Clone to clone the mac address of your PC. This FAQ contains detailed instructions of Mac Clone.

Green Internet light on the router:

1. Login to the web management interface of the router (tplinkwifi.net), go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced Settings > Change the DNS Servers into 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

2. Reboot the ISP Modem and the Router, you must firstly power on the Router, once the router's fully powered on, power on the modem.

You may check more detailed instructions following the FAQ.

Options
Re:Telegram won't connect-Solution
2024-05-28 03:41:20 - last edited a week ago

Hi, @Marvin_S, thanks for answering this message.

Before I had the chance to try any troubleshooting, the issue just solved itself, somehow. I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, it seems to have been just a temporary problem with the router.

If it ever happens again, I'll try following the steps and let everyone here know if it worked.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Telegram won't connect
2024-05-30 03:58:13 - last edited 2024-05-30 03:58:54

@aalvestp 

Thanks for your update. You may continue to monitor the performance and try the suggestions above if necessary.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 3

Related Articles