TP LINK ARCHER VR600 QOS upload??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-12 22:37:38 - last edited 2019-03-13 03:20:19
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 170504 Rel.68210n

hello!

Please, could someone help me,

I purchased a VR600 router after looking up TP links QOS system and it looked like the most advanced when looking for a QOS control for our home network.

When i got the device the Software was completely different to what i had seen online, it seems some what dumbed down and featureless

I have been fighting with the system for months and months until tonight i sat down with myself and my partner, with 2 phones 2 laptops and a TV to try and work out what the hell is actually going on because we are still having issues.

doing 3 or 4 simultaneous speed tests we have discovered that the QOS does split the download (with some success......) but whichever device connects first, takes the entire upload. and just kills the others completely.

Please could someone help me, as far as i can see unlike the software i see online i am unable to go into detail in setting bandwidths/speeds and individual rules and there is just the percentage sliders... which frankly seem flipping useless at this moment in time.

any help would be appreciated because right now this is the 3rd router i have purchased to try and properly split our network up!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP LINK ARCHER VR600 QOS upload??
2019-03-13 11:15:17

Hello,

Unlike bandwidth control, QoS cannot setup certain bandwidth for each device, while it can create different priority levels for them.

Below is the instruction to enable QoS function on VR600.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1742.html

Back to your case, may I know who is your internet service provider and the bandwidth/speed you paid?

How did you setup QoS right now? What is the speed you can get on each device? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options