TP-LINK Archer C9 LED's are quite dim

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-14 22:23:05 - last edited 2019-03-14 22:24:10
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.17.1 Build 20180125 Rel.56387n

The router used to definitely have a lot brighter LED's, now they seem quite faint, even in a dark room.

Is there a way to adjust the LED brightness?

Options
8 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Archer C9 LED's are quite dim
2019-03-15 11:37:55 - last edited 2019-03-15 11:38:34

Try turning off the router manually. Also, TP-Link routers have a night mode setting that will either turn off the led's completely or maybe dim them.

Options
Re:Re:TP-LINK Archer C9 LED's are quite dim
2019-03-16 01:26:31

I had turned off the router manually before I had posted my first post.

I don't see a night mode for this particular router on the configuration page.

Options
2019-03-18 03:34:43

Hello,

The c9 V1 does not support night mode, there is no option to turn on/off led on the web interface. 

While regarding to the brightness, there is no way to adjust it. 

Besides, may I know does it affect the actual performance of the router? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-03-18 17:54:49

I have the same problem and it is quite annoying to check if the Router is working fine each time a client asks, you have to turn some other device on log in to the router and check that's quite annoying!

Options
2019-03-18 17:58:32

And it's not just the lights are dim, they were dim some time ago, now they are completely off.

They just turn on when you initialize the Router (all blue indicating turning on, the orange until it connects and then all off) so somehow you could be right some kind of night mode is activated, but it annoys me.

Options
2019-03-19 01:43:58

bradmos wrote

And it's not just the lights are dim, they were dim some time ago, now they are completely off.

They just turn on when you initialize the Router (all blue indicating turning on, the orange until it connects and then all off) so somehow you could be right some kind of night mode is activated, but it annoys me.

Hey, sorry for the inconvenience. If the led status won't affect the performance, it should be fine.

While cause you need login to the web UI to confirm whether you can access internet, you can use Tether app to manage your router. That will be much easier and more convenient. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Apps 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-06-11 02:33:43

I have the same problem, after the last firmware upgrade they power and wifi lights are dimmed, other lights looks fine when you turn it on and connect internet cable,  I already reset several times and not luck, on the app there is not night mode option and in the local website neither

Options
2020-10-15 07:50:47

@konkandesi 

The problem is from the LEDs quality used on this router and in particular blue leds has shorter life than other colour leds. And its a shame that TP-LINk continues to use this poor quality leds on this router. This is not an excuse for telling us that if router works normally , no matter that leds works or not...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6554

Replies: 8

Related Articles