Strange behaviour of DHCP client list after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-05 16:07:50
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180305 Rel.52658n

So after updating to this firmware level I discovered that I can't reload my configuration because if I do my login ID and password don't work. So I have to restore my DHCP address reservation list manually. So I go to the client list to find the MAC Addresses of my connections, but lo and behold, several of my devices are not showing on the list!!! 

In addition it seems that some of my hard-wired connections have retained their previous address reservations despite the fact that the address reservation list is now empty!

So, because I can't see all the connected devices I'm unable to restore my address reservation list. And since I haven't restored the list how can I trust that the devices that are somehow retaining their old IP addresses will continue to do so?

I'm now wondering why I bothered to update the firmware in the first place. What a hassle!! I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Strange behaviour of DHCP client list after firmware update
2019-05-06 01:55:05

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here; we can do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it. 

After you logged into the web UI, please go to DHCP-DHCP client list and refresh this page. After that, please check whether you can see any device pops up. 

Meanwhile, even though the address reservation list is empty, until the lease time expired, the wired device maystill use the same IP address. 

If still nothing, you can change different web browser/device to login to give it a go.

As a workaround, you can find the IP address and Mac on the device itselft and then setup the IP addres reservation.

May it help and have a nice day. 

phbcanada wrote

So after updating to this firmware level I discovered that I can't reload my configuration because if I do my login ID and password don't work. So I have to restore my DHCP address reservation list manually. So I go to the client list to find the MAC Addresses of my connections, but lo and behold, several of my devices are not showing on the list!!! 

In addition it seems that some of my hard-wired connections have retained their previous address reservations despite the fact that the address reservation list is now empty!

So, because I can't see all the connected devices I'm unable to restore my address reservation list. And since I haven't restored the list how can I trust that the devices that are somehow retaining their old IP addresses will continue to do so?

I'm now wondering why I bothered to update the firmware in the first place. What a hassle!! I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1431

Replies: 1

Related Articles