Archer C7 half of internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-22 08:08:47
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20180425 rel.62587(4555)

Hello

Since a few weeks I am having issues with my internet speed.

My ISP has come to my home and inspect their modem, which is running fine.

Tested with an ethernet cable from their modem straight to my PC and I have 200mb download and 2mb upload/sec which is what i should have.

When putting my accespoint/router in between this is half (100mb/sec and 1mb/sec). I have tried lots of things, reset, factory reset, other cables etc. ... but nothing seems to work.

Seems that it also had switched to "router mode" instead of Access point mode without me doing anything...

I have it working once after resetting for the X time but the day after it is the same again ...

I haven't changed anything before this happened, the firmware is up to date.

Also i see that now i have to go to http://tplinkwifi.net/webpages/index.html instead of 192.168.0.1 which i don't understand why (because of the change router/acces point mode?).

I can see that on the http://tplinkwifi.net/webpages/index.html page the wired and wireless devices count is 0 while there are devices connected.

I am lost...

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Options
12 Reply
Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-23 06:56:15

Hi,

Please check the negotiation speed of the WAN port on the Archer C7. Login to the web interface, go  to Basic-network map page, click on Archer C7 to get it. 

Please show us a screenshot of this page.

Meanwhile, it is suggested to change another cable between the C7 and main router, like cat5e or above. After that, please run the speed test again. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-23 09:55:52 - last edited 2019-06-23 09:57:37

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply!

This is what I have: (NOTE: i already tried switching the cable from router to my PC to other ports as well, currently it's in LAN2)

Also, I already have a cat5e cable and tried with 2 diferent (one new, one old) cables with the same results.

It seems very clear to me that this is something related to the router because when I put the cable from my ISP moden straight to my PC it works fine.

Thank you for your feedback!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-24 05:34:52

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please go to advanced-system tools-system parameters page to disable "NAT boost", after that, please reconnect your computer to the C7 by wired cable and test the speed. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-24 05:53:23

Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this didn't change anything ...

I did everything as asked, uncheck nat boost (it reboots) re wired the PC with the cable (after it didn't work I even unplugged my moden for a minute).

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-24 10:30:15

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Our engineer will email you later, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Please wait a while until they reach out to you.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in advance, and have a nice day 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-24 12:09:23

I surely want to look into it!

Thank you very much for the fast replies!

Have a great day as well!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-25 02:00:59

That would be great if it is okay for you. It is glad to help you as well.

May it will work and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-26 18:13:56

I want to announce that when I reset my computers Network settings, rebooted and since yesterday it is working fine ...

This can be seen as resolved untill further notice.

Thank you for the support.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-27 01:08:30 - last edited 2019-06-27 01:09:55

Hi Dimi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, glad to hear that it works properly after you reset the network settings on computer. 

Meanwhile, may I know how did you reset the network settings? Could you please provide more information, I think it is a method to handle the same issue later.

And you can take more time to test its performance, any updates, just let us know. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 half of internet speed
2019-06-27 11:32:08

Hey

Of course.

Im on windows 10:

- you click the Settings icon (Windows menu => Settings)

- You clikc on Network & Internet

- At the bottom of the right default pane you can find "Network Reset" ==>  Click it

- You will be prompted a screen with info and the "Reset Now" button ==> Click it, will reset and reboot your PC.

Once reboot is done, you will have to reconfigure your network (if ethernet cable it will ask you for "... public or private network ...", choose ==> Profit :)

Here are the screenshots ;)

I will surely test it for a week or two and see what comes from it.

Kind regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5317

Replies: 12

Related Articles