Deco M9 Invalid wireless password error after upgrading to v1.2.8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-02 20:35:51
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Deco M9 issue devices can't connect to wifi stating Invalid wireless password even that the device was sucessfuly connecting before upgrade to Firmware 1.2.8 any help would be appreciated.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Invalid wireless password error after upgrading to v1.2.8
2019-07-03 01:15:31

Hi,

We have released an internal firmware, which you can install and give it a go.

For the download link and upgrade instruction, please email our tech support to get it.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Note: Please attach the forum thread as well. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 Invalid wireless password error after upgrading to v1.2.8
2019-07-03 02:50:44

Thanks for the response I did email tech support this morning and they have never answered. But will be trying later on. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Invalid wireless password error after upgrading to v1.2.8
2019-07-03 07:31:46

Sure, our agent has emailed you, you can check your inbox. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Invalid wireless password error after upgrading to v1.2.8
2019-07-04 04:28:24

I have update to the latest version provides by the agent will test it extensivly once comming back from vaction and will report back if any other issues arise.

Thank You very much for the fst respons with an viable solution.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Invalid wireless password error after upgrading to v1.2.8
2019-07-04 06:00:26

Thanks for your feedback, it is glad to help you.

Just take your time to test the performance and stability of the new firmware you just installed. 

Any updates, just let us know. 

Options
2019-07-04 13:16:45
Options
2020-06-14 20:32:11

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

I am facing similar issue. Is there any way you can help me with this? Re: [TPLINK SUPPORT #460056]: Deco M9 Plus(3-Pack) Invalid Password Issue

Options
2020-08-15 22:07:48

@Helio2k I am having this same problem. I just tried changing turning off the Auto DNS and added 8.8.8.8 for the Primary DNS and then 8.8.4.4 for the secondary DNS. Will let you know if that changes the problem. Also, I emailed support to get the internal firmware upgrade, but so far no response, thanks

Options
2020-08-26 04:26:32

@Abhi_2020 this worked for me:

Go into Deco App, More->Advanced->IPv4,

1. Turn off obtain DNS Automatically.
  2. Set Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8, 2nd to 8.8.4.4
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3331

Replies: 9