Wifi connected TP WDS Bridge looses its settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-18 05:19:17
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have 2 TP-Link # 941NDs at my home. ( version 3.6 )
In the new ( second ) TP link, i activate WDS - Wireless Bridge. And configure it to through Wi-Fi connect with earlier TP-Link, and also to act as router to cater to PCs within its range.
IPs are set as per of same family as that of primary TP-Link, and further, DHCP been de-activated as well. Have sent WEP security as well.
It performs correctly for the time, its stays ON, but when its switched Off, and then On again, it is not able to connect to the primary TP-Link and thus not able to serve its client PCs..
Please advise, how can I make it NOT to loose the settings I make when its switched Off , and restarted later.
Thanks

Omar
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi connected TP WDS Bridge looses its settings
2012-12-18 08:06:58
How about change the wireless channel on the two routers?
Options
2012-12-19 13:17:38
u suggest that I keep both devices on different chanels , say one on 6 and other on 8
OR

u suggesting that I change same channel on both devices from the current to a different one

pls clarify
Options
2012-12-19 14:57:13
Options
2012-12-20 05:57:55
I have been following the same instructions as listed on : http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?id=227
am able to configure and use the Router #2 without issue for a few hours or days, then after that if someone switches the Router # 2 OFF, and later switch it ON, it is not able to connect with Router # 1 as before.
Pls note there are no WiFi-Security settings on Router # 1 ( its OPEN ), but I select WPA2 security settings on Router 2,
Further, I just choose the WDS command on Router 2, and not one the root Router 1.
Any ideas / help ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 4

Related Articles