Archer A7 not booting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 not booting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer A7 not booting
Archer A7 not booting
2022-06-05 21:00:51 - last edited 2022-06-06 09:45:59
Tags: #Crash
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I found today my wifi from tp link archer a7 was not available to connect. To my surprise, the router only has the power light on. 

I restarted the router multiple times. I am unable to do a factory reset (it seems that the router doesn't react to the 5-10 seg pressing the reset button).

The firmware is the original one,

How can I fix it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A7 not booting-Solution
2022-06-06 09:45:52 - last edited 2022-06-06 09:45:59

Hello @arturmartins 

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

1. When did you buy this A7?

2. Was there any abnormal behavior before the issue occurs?

3. Please check if you can bring it alive via firmware recovery as follows:

How to use firmware recovery if you bricked the TP-Link router?

4. If nothing helps,  feel free to contact your local tech support using any of the options here and they'll gladly assist further.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A7 not booting-Solution
2022-06-06 09:45:52 - last edited 2022-06-06 09:45:59

Hello @arturmartins 

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

1. When did you buy this A7?

2. Was there any abnormal behavior before the issue occurs?

3. Please check if you can bring it alive via firmware recovery as follows:

How to use firmware recovery if you bricked the TP-Link router?

4. If nothing helps,  feel free to contact your local tech support using any of the options here and they'll gladly assist further.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer A7 not booting
2022-06-07 10:59:48 - last edited 2022-06-07 11:52:35

@Kevin_Z 

1. Purchased in March 2021 (TP-Link shop on Amazon UK)
  2. No abnormal behaviour prior to having the problem.  Just noticed that all my devices were not connected to the WiFi the next day.
  3. I didn't upload any firmware to it, therefore it is not a "you bricked it" problem. Unfortunately, that tutorial is for Windows only. Is there any documentation on how to do it using a Mac?
  4. Thanks for the pointer.
Options
Re:Archer A7 not booting
2022-06-07 11:52:08 - last edited 2022-06-07 11:53:09

For anyone that reads this thread in the future:

I reach out to the tp-link live chat support and after doing their troubleshooting process, it was decided to give me a replacement since the device is still under the 2 years warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 591

Replies: 3

Tags

Crash
Related Articles